Sunday, April 20, 2008

Arthur's Pass

I took a detour today as I was going to head in to Christchurch. As it happened it had been snowing last night and I decided to head into the mountains. I was blessed with some amazing views whilst starting out on the East side.

The Snow capped mountains of the east side
IMG_2559

IMG_2560

IMG_2574

Lake at top of Arthur's Pass
IMG_2590

As I worked my way over there were some pretty hard roads to climb. There is one part of the pass where they have put a rock-slide bridge in place so that an avalanches don't hit the road and just fall down into the valley below
IMG_2645

1 comment:

Unknown said...

man this is breathtaking ,rock on

Map Control

If you press the centre button of the Google map control navigator it should take you to my latest position (or at least the last log I entered!)

Travel Map

//map options : G_HYBRID_TYPE, G_MAP_TYPE, G_SATELLITE_TYPE, or G_PHYSICAL_TYPE is also valid for initial view only YELLOW D YELLOW C YELLOW B PURPLE A GREEN START