Monday, April 21, 2008

Kaikoura

Kaikoura was a bit of a waste of time for me. I stayed u[p in the mountains on the entry to Kaikoura and it was just amazing. Unfiortunately the winds picked up so I made a decision to not be blown off the cliff face and make my way down to the coast!

When I got down to the coast, I found that the weather was better. Only that it got worse about a couple of hours later. There was a line-squall coming in from the ocean and it got amazingly windy and rainy. I put in my earplugs and hunkered down for the night. At least I'd be blown in-land and not off a cliff!

So now dolphins, penguin or whale watching for me. Shame really as everyone has commented on how amazing Kaikoura is. You can't always get what you want ...

No comments:

Map Control

If you press the centre button of the Google map control navigator it should take you to my latest position (or at least the last log I entered!)

Travel Map

//map options : G_HYBRID_TYPE, G_MAP_TYPE, G_SATELLITE_TYPE, or G_PHYSICAL_TYPE is also valid for initial view only YELLOW D YELLOW C YELLOW B PURPLE A GREEN START